What is this White Sac?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dan1979e
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dan1979e

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2024
Messages
46
Reaction score
8
Location
Binghamton
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me identify what this white clear sac that appeared on my Hammer last night? I peaked in on my tank before bed to find this sac that is about the size 1”-1”2 It’s the oddest thing I’ve seen just appear in my tank ever!
IMG_0910.jpeg


IMG_0913.jpeg IMG_0904.jpeg IMG_0912.jpeg
 
Last edited:
My frogspawn, torches and hammers do this before and during a split. Just noticed it again on one of my torches last week.
 
Upvote 0
Splitting
I’m new to the hobby going on my first year. I do any much research I can when I can. Is there anything I need to do? What happens when it splits do I need to get prepared to frag the split?
 
Upvote 0
I’m new to the hobby going on my first year. I do any much research I can when I can. Is there anything I need to do? What happens when it splits do I need to get prepared to frag the split?
Lol, no nothing you need to do. It's like a plant growing a new branch. Not like you've got to start boiling water and collecting towels ;)
 
Upvote 0
Now that the panic is over, when I read the title I was like "Cocaine, right? It's gotta be cocaine... I wonder if it hitchhiked in on his live rock from a crashed Colombian drug plane" lol... I'm kidding... But seriously glad you got it sorted
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new