What is this.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just popped up in my feed. I found it when i was diving, years ago.
fed00d0d-55eb-452e-8c04-92676fbedcbb.jpg
 
It took me a moment to even see that thing, lol 😂

I assume it's some scorpion fish (Scorpaenidae) or stonefish (Synanceiinae)... But I assume you already got that far and want to know a more precise ID...
 
took me a couple seconds to realize there was a fish right there lol
 
Then yeah definetly a scorpionfish and most likely a spotted scorpionfish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new