OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's fascinating (to me) that a crustacean can survive 14 days in copper. And a freshwater dip. Possibly they are protected by their exoskeleton because there are anecdotal reports of shrimp surviving when someone doses copper into their DT.

I've been doing research lately on "prazi resistant flukes", and in at least some cases it appears monogeneans "shield" themselves from medications by sheltering under a fish's scales. Whether this is done purposely or they just happen to be in the right place at the right time, I do not know. But I wonder if an isopod might develop a similar strategy to avoid contact with chemicals that would otherwise kill it.

And unfortunately, I do not know the life cycle of parasitic isopods. I will have to look that one up.

If I havnt seen any signs in the last 40days, would we consider these fish good to go? Been 44 days since I killed the isopods, and 40days basically since I started observations.

Edit: @Billldg @reef lover? Thoughts?

Last edited:

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I havnt seen any signs in the last 40days, would we consider these fish good to go? Been 44 days since I killed the isopods, and 40days basically since I started observations.

Edit: @Billldg @reef lover? Thoughts?
I think after 40 days of no sightings youd be good to go!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back