What is underneath you?

TideNumOne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they say lots of research is a great idea before you setup your first tank, but I may be close to the obsessed side rather then just research.

With that being said, what do people put under their tanks on top of their stands? I have seen some folks using felt (but what type) or a rubber mat (again – what type)…then others put nothing.

I am setting up a 32G BioCube.

Thank you

Jonathan

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank is a rimmed tank, meaning there is a trip around the bottom of the tank, then nothing is the answer.
If the tank is acrylic, or a euro styke rimless tank, then a full okywood bottom with a foam mat. The faetest cheapest easiest is a yoga mat from the 99¢ store will do trick. I don't recommend felt as it will hold water, probably mold, or worse, rot the stand underneath

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the “Innovative Marine DYI Self Leveling Mat” off Amazon, and I think I made a good choice. You can check out my review there, and see a photo of it sitting under my tank.

Firemanreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some neoprene mat at home depot and put that under mine. It does the trick and looked just like the ones you can buy in Amazon and brs

lejeune981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put that green foam board under mine.. I glue trim pieces to the edges to hide the foam.. then pain.. can't even tell something is there

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back