WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BUBBLE TIP ANEMONE

MB_Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
56
Reaction score
17
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA has been like this for a month and I don’t know why. My lighting is good, it’s in medium flow and all my corals are doing great so I’m not sure why it is not inflating all the way.
IMG_1022.jpeg
 
My BTA has been like this for a month and I don’t know why. My lighting is good, it’s in medium flow and all my corals are doing great so I’m not sure why it is not inflating all the way.
IMG_1022.jpeg
He looks fine to me
 
Not really an emergency issue as it appears alive and healthy.

However I will follow as I have had one for last 4 years that look the same, besides mine splitting and my clowns hosting one each they are looking very similar.
I will add mine was very bleached when I first added and has chosen to live in this cave pretty much it's life, my lights/white are 30%

Following

IMG20231118180028.jpg IMG20231118180050.jpg
 
They don’t always get the classic tips but can still be healthy. I have a Black Widow variation and it has hardly any bubbling but it’s heathy and happy
IMG_3818.jpeg
 
Some will bubble up and some will not. I have 4 in my tank. 2 BTAs not bubble at all and another 2 will bubble after I fed them then back to straight tentacles.
 
That’s a feather duster worm correct?
 
My BTA has been like this for a month and I don’t know why. My lighting is good, it’s in medium flow and all my corals are doing great so I’m not sure why it is not inflating all the way.
IMG_1022.jpeg
How long did you wait until adding it? It looks normal to mee.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new