what is wrong with my chocolate tang

love the salt life

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
8
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gal tank with several tangs, wrasse, and triggers he is the only one that looks like this. I removed him this morning did a freshwater dip, then hydro plex bath. Put him in a hospital tank and added antibiotics. He is not eating. Please give me any suggestions as this is my favorite fish and don't want to lose him.



Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg
 
I copied the fish medical experts, and try not to give treatment advice in most cases. Sometimes, just getting the fish into solitary will allow it to heal if it is still eating. The cloudy eyes are symptoms that I will let the fish experts discuss, to avoid confusion.

I also love chocolate tangs. This one looks pretty sad, but it looks like it may have a good prognosis if it is given proper care. GL
Hi Chris thankfully he is doing better today and his eyes have cleared up. I am now treated my main display as well.
 
Upvote 0
2 weeks of copper and 2 doses of prazi. Then metro and observed
Thank you for the information! Thankfully he is doing better today and his eyes have cleared up. I will continue the regimen for him in the hospital tank and I am now treated my main display as well.
 
Upvote 0
glad to hear- What tank are you upgrade to?
I am not sure the brand yet as I have been looking online and doing some research. Do you any recommendations on any particular brand that is better than others in the 180 to 200 gallon range
 
Upvote 0
I am not sure the brand yet as I have been looking online and doing some research. Do you any recommendations on any particular brand that is better than others in the 180 to 200 gallon range
It’s really a matter of opinion but i really like Eshopps and Innovative Marine for that atarphire glass and rimless look. The IM 200 would prob be perfect. You can also do an aqueon 180 or larger for half the price
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new