What is wrong with my tank??

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t understand how alk is low. I have a mixed reef and I run alk 7.5ish. I haven’t tested for Ca and Mg in a year.

I could understand perhaps a stability issue if his tank is up and down since he is not dosing/testing but NSW is 7 and low stable numbers can work fine.

I would just start testing daily at the same time and figure out your alk consumption. You will dose two part based off that number. Dose your calcium in equal parts as your alk. So whatever you dose for all is exactly what you dose for calcium. I like ESV but All for reef is popular since it contains everything in one solution. Keep in mind the alk in this solution is released later so you won’t see it effecting alk right away. Can take a little longer to dial in.

I can’t say this is your issue but it’s a good place to start. Especially since you say you have coralline growing.

OP
OP
maleks.reef

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t understand how alk is low. I have a mixed reef and I run alk 7.5ish. I haven’t tested for Ca and Mg in a year.

I could understand perhaps a stability issue if his tank is up and down since he is not dosing/testing but NSW is 7 and low stable numbers can work fine.

I would just start testing daily at the same time and figure out your alk consumption. You will dose two part based off that number. Dose your calcium in equal parts as your alk. So whatever you dose for all is exactly what you dose for calcium. I like ESV but All for reef is popular since it contains everything in one solution. Keep in mind the alk in this solution is released later so you won’t see it effecting alk right away. Can take a little longer to dial in.

I can’t say this is your issue but it’s a good place to start. Especially since you say you have coralline growing.
I think i will stick to water changes for as long as possible, and only when i absolutely need to dose, then i will dose. For now my goal is to buy an RODI so i can do regular WCs. Thank you for ur advice.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back