What iS Wrong With This Snail?

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have green coralline algae with purple spots growing fast. I think it is a calcium problem. Will check calcium. Your thoughts. thanks all

snail.PNG
 
I have green coralline algae with purple spots growing fast. I think it is a calcium problem. Will check calcium. Your thoughts. thanks all

snail.PNG
I’m also not sure I follow… most people are happy when coralline algae grows…? Are you just worried because it’s green?
 
My algae bleaches in blotches now and then and I don’t know what causes this? I suspect that there is a pathogen that is active but have no clear reason for it.
 
I think you should be checking calcium anyway :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new