What is wrong with torch coral

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

krazykastelic

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch coral has some fuzzy stuff on its skeleton. Not sure if this is normal. The parameters are good. I’ve had this for about 5 days. The video is right when I turned on my lights so it’s closed up and that’s how I was able to see what was going on. Tank is almost 3 months old.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4030.MOV
    13.4 MB
Torch coral has some fuzzy stuff on its skeleton. Not sure if this is normal. The parameters are good. I’ve had this for about 5 days. The video is right when I turned on my lights so it’s closed up and that’s how I was able to see what was going on. Tank is almost 3 months old.

CD68005C-9282-459E-A6C2-793FF352A843.jpeg
 
It's dying and the tissues is dropping off. What are your water parameters?
 
Water Temp 77.5, Ph8.0, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, salinity 1.025, alk 10, calcium 460. It’s been open full everyday and seemed to be very happy.
 
Water Temp 77.5, Ph8.0, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, salinity 1.025, alk 10, calcium 460. It’s been open full everyday and seemed to be very happy.
Other than the ALK being a bit high I don't see anything else wrong. Did you happen to use any chemicals in the tank for pests or GHA?
 
Other than the ALK being a bit high I don't see anything else wrong. Did you happen to use any chemicals in the tank for pests or GHA?
The day before I put it in my tank I did use a little aiptasia-x but only a drop or two on two little aiptasia.
 
Doesn't look that bad to me... Did the flesh extend all the way to the frag plug when you got it? How is your water flow? You don't want to be blasting a Euphyllia .
 
Doesn't look that bad to me... Did the flesh extend all the way to the frag plug when you got it? How is your water flow? You don't want to be blasting a Euphyllia .
it did not retract all the way. I’d say retracted like normal when you move the coral. I’d say it has medium flow I could try and turn down the flow. Also using a80 at about 75%. I’ll try and turn down the lighting too.
 
Is there any update to this? I am having the same issue with my torch coral and can't seem to find any solid information on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new