What is your coral dipping protocol?

Formulator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
2,759
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently reminded in another thread of the importance of dipping corals and realized I may not be doing enough myself.

I’ve always just dipped in Coral Rx per the bottle instructions. Apparently this does not address flat worms, and vermatids need manual removal.

So what do most folks do? Multiple dips? Is there an all-in-one dip that takes care of everything?
 
I don’t know my lfs other it when ever you buy and I have never bought corals online
 
Coral rx definitely killed flatworms for me. I used a small dropper and put in probably about 2-3mL and almost immediately they began crawling off. I blasted the corals from all angles which really got a bunch off. They stopped moving within a minute. I then shook the corals fairly aggressively in the water. Removed drag plug mounted on rubble from sump in goes to the tank
 
I use Coral rx myself. I like that it is clear, and I can see what comes off. What a lot of Reefers miss is that you have to blow off the pests every few minutes with a turkey baster or pipette while the coral is soaking in the dip. I do this for 10 minutes total on every coral I get.
 
Not sure what is going on with adding this video
IMG_0282.jpeg

But the flatworms stopped moving fairly quickly. Using the pipette to blow them off was very affective
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new