What is your dream maintenance room configuration?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Submerge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Submerge

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2025
Messages
211
Reaction score
336
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building out a whole new... everything. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the best possible most efficient fish room.

How do you store RODI? Salt mix tank?
QT tanks, keeping in mind they will be constantly busy figuring leaving corals in there for 76 days. Need one for fish too? Need a 3rd? How would you set it up if room was not a factor?

What about growing phyto, pods, brine shrimp, etc?

Can you design a setup where you never have to touch a bucket? Would you?

Dorm fridge and freezer?

Here is my current thinking on my water wall, not sure how best to configure the bottom shelves. 10 gallon tanks are there for scale, and can be used for this project.

Water Wall.JPG


Cheers PP
 
Sink with large basin is great to wash and also dump.

I like my fish QTs out where I can see them. Unless you wander into your fish room every day.

Is it near your DT?
 
Sink with large basin is great to wash and also dump.

I like my fish QTs out where I can see them. Unless you wander into your fish room every day.

Is it near your DT?
Yes agreed.

I think I’ll be in there multiple times a day. Sump is directly behind DT in the next room. The DT is in my office. Here’s a weird pano hard to get a pic of everything

IMG_6310.jpeg


Got the sink shelf and RO installed yesterday now I need to figure out how to configure the storage and qt tanks. I’m also debating adding a cryptic zone secondary sump. Options on that topic vary widely.
 
Adjacent wall definitely opens up the options.

I use water softener storage tanks to store di and sw. Gets 40g in 2x2 area.

Auto water change is an option too. That tech has advanced a lot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new