what is your favorite APEX module and why?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering is every ones favorite (most useful) apex module is and why?

so I got an apex 2016 and I must admit I have not done much with it.
got the ATK but my little autoaqua ATO is small and working great so I have yet to change it out.

thinking of the flow sensor so I can monitor the flow in my scrubber.
would love to know what my pur is...but man the PMK is $$

so what is your fav. cant reef with out module?

CODE3EMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly will probably get back lash for this, but if I had to do it over again...........I'd skip a controller all together and put those funds toward other things, i.e. filtration, skimmer, corals, etc. I find I use my controller as a $500 on/off switch.

I currently have the Apex Jr. with the ALD module and 4 sensors and the DOS. I got rid of the WXM module and Vortech MP40's and replaced them with 2 Gyre XF-250's on my Reefer 450. I love the Gyre's.

That said I really like the ability to see real time data on Fusion from anywhere.

IMO, I think controllers are really putting your eggs in 1 basket.

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it would have to be the WXM. I'm a big Vortech fan, so having the ability to set a schedule to change flow patterns and intensity throughout the day really gets the most out of the device. I'm also a fan of the DOS, if we're considering it a module. Most of the dosers on the market can only do as little as 1ml per dose. Since I'm in the nano realm, I dose micro amounts and the DOS does that well.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATK hands down. Mine not only handles auto top off but also monitors the flow from my return pump which in turn controls my skimmer. It also monitors my ATO container and alerts the solenoid when it needs to open to refill it.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Although I haven’t set my apex up yet.. should have water in my 245 next week. I have my tank setup on hardwood floors and a basement sump system. I bought the water leak detector to start. It will pay for itself if I ever have a leak. I wanted to add the flow sensors but my returns are 3/4. Maybe once I add in my UV and reactors I will.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly will probably get back lash for this, but if I had to do it over again...........I'd skip a controller all together and put those funds toward other things, i.e. filtration, skimmer, corals, etc. I find I use my controller as a $500 on/off switch.

I currently have the Apex Jr. with the ALD module and 4 sensors and the DOS. I got rid of the WXM module and Vortech MP40's and replaced them with 2 Gyre XF-250's on my Reefer 450. I love the Gyre's.

That said I really like the ability to see real time data on Fusion from anywhere.

IMO, I think controllers are really putting your eggs in 1 basket.

so far this is me 100% a $700 on/off switch I need to up my apex game or sale the dang thing...haha

The ATK hands down. Mine not only handles auto top off but also monitors the flow from my return pump which in turn controls my skimmer. It also monitors my ATO container and alerts the solenoid when it needs to open to refill it.

can you tell us more about this? I was looking in to automating my ATO res. as I evap 1.5-2. a day better yet have no ATO res, if possible.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the wxm, control Kessils and mp10’son multiple tanks very helpful.

I like fusion, especially when traveling i can see what is going on while neighbor watches my tanks.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Apex systems now, I will never run a tank without one now. The first on saved me when my heater went out, so after that it was by far worth the money. I like the Dos I have the flow meters I have the Par meter but have not used it yet. I have 4 ATK systems for auto top off and turning on my RODI system to fill my storage container, 100 gallon tank.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you tell us more about this? I was looking in to automating my ATO res. as I evap 1.5-2. a day better yet have no ATO res, if possible.

The ATK has four ports. Two are taken up by; the water sensor and the high water cutoff sensor. This leaves you two ports for flow sensors, leak detectors, extra water level sensors, etc.

In my case I use one for the flow sensor on my return pump which can trigger lots of other things via the apex if it goes high or low. The other sensor is the low water sensor on my auto top off container. When it goes dry it alerts the Apex that the ato container is getting close to empty which then triggers the apex solenoid, powered by the eb832, to open for 30 minutes. The solenoid fills via a float valve in case the switch sticks open or anything else.

I HATED constantly having to fill the ato container. This setup has really helped make this tank more ULM.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. WXM is awesome for controlling radions and vortices. EB832 for monitoring power (saved me from heater failure once). Being able to remotely adjust is a tank-saver too. I like the FMM module most though. So versatile, with water on floor sensor, optical sensors, flow sensors! Plus the port for PMUPs to boot!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WXM because it means I never again have to deal with those cludgy buttons .....

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATK has four ports. Two are taken up by; the water sensor and the high water cutoff sensor. This leaves you two ports for flow sensors, leak detectors, extra water level sensors, etc.

In my case I use one for the flow sensor on my return pump which can trigger lots of other things via the apex if it goes high or low. The other sensor is the low water sensor on my auto top off container. When it goes dry it alerts the Apex that the ato container is getting close to empty which then triggers the apex solenoid, powered by the eb832, to open for 30 minutes. The solenoid fills via a float valve in case the switch sticks open or anything else.

I HATED constantly having to fill the ato container. This setup has really helped make this tank more ULM.

yes YES this is what I want to do!!! so basically I need a solenoid and 2 more sensors. one for low and one for high? or just set a time like you did? i like this idea alot

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes YES this is what I want to do!!! so basically I need a solenoid and 2 more sensors. one for low and one for high? or just set a time like you did? i like this idea alot

Yes. Neptune makes an infrared sensor that has a plug like headphones and is held in place with a magnet, like a vortech or tunze pump. You’d need just one of those and the solenoid.

One of these would be good too:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/adjustable-ro-float-valve.html

Just to be safe.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would vote for the WXM now that I am running th radions because I can do the cool profiles with the light. I love the WAV’s for the same reason.

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use any modules. My AI lights wirelessly link right to my apex. I have gyres with their controller that is super easy to use. And a tunze ato. I guess I mainly use it as an on off also. My favorite thing is being able to look at fusion, and get alerts. I do have the COR-15 and it’s pretty sweet.

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm connecting an Apex solenoid valve to control the airflow through my CO2 scrubbers to help avoid large ph swings. Does anyone know how to write the code for this?

connecting

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The AFS feeder

Back