What is your job/occupation

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an engineer at a waste water treatment plant.

Crappy job! :p

I worked as a lab tech at a waste water facility for a while before leaving for med school. I actually enjoyed it very much. Our engineer was a cool guy!

Robert_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crappy job! :p

I worked as a lab tech at a waste water facility for a while before leaving for med school. I actually enjoyed it very much. Our engineer was a cool guy!
:cool:

I was in the Construction side of things. I was on the conversion of a rock quarry into reservoir and part of the Deep Tunnel Project. But now I've been promoted and sit behind a desk downtown working on design plans. ;Yawn

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I install and service reef tanks (a few planted and highend African cichlid tanks to). I love the flexibility and long-term relationships I’ve built with my clients running my own business. Before that I work at a large LFS doing installs as well service on large reef tanks. I’ve been in the aquarium trade my entire life it was a good fit. Prior to that I was a senior installion technician at a pool company where I installed anything and everything. Most of time I worked on new builds full equipment pads (all the plumbing from the ground up, single/variable speed pumps, booster pumps, filters, automation, heaters, and etc).

Hypnotoad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last several years I’ve been between careers wallowing in bike/ski retail and playing supportive family man to my kid and PHD wife who’s much smarter than me.

Recently finished a masters in information systems and got a job in the software department of a local biotech firm.

The wife is pregnant again, which means the tank is getting kicked out of what will be the nursery, and I have a real salary for the first time in forever, so it’s upgrade time, baby!

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a firefighter and absolutely love what I do! It’s not even a job!!! Also own a lawn business on the side.
Jealous. Tried getting a full time gig for years. Did a bunch or per diem spots and EMS, even instructing. But it just dont pay the bills in NJ. Be safe brother.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jealous. Tried getting a full time gig for years. Did a bunch or per diem spots and EMS, even instructing. But it just dont pay the bills in NJ. Be safe brother.

It was about a year out of fire school before I was hired as full time professional firefighter/ emt. Thank god every day for what I get to do.

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Commercial refrigeration tech/foreman! Worked for the family business since i was in 4th grade (summers only of course, doing random stuff) and full time since the day i graduate highschool(7ish years ago). My grandparents started it in 1955 (we do commercial ref. and high end residential appliances) out of their house, we now service all of SE WI for commercial and about 92% of WI exclusively as Sub Zero Wolf factory authorized servicer. My Uncle and dad run the show (more my uncle as my dad is golfing more and more) and soon my brother and i will be trying to run the show lol. hopefully...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back