What is your Most desired fish if Hawaii Ban is lifted?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fully get that too. Personally, I'm more of a fan of many of the bristletooth tangs. The only wild fish we have in our Florida facility is a Yellow Eyed Kole tang We bought 8 years ago to help us out with some algae cleanup in our coral systems. It's hard to beat the juvenile coloration on a chevron too.
Absolutely! My LFS has a mature adult chevron in the display and there’s times I wish they ran whites in there as they’re gorgeous with their brightly coloured blue lines.
Gotta love a true Yellow Eye, they’re just gorgeous to watch.

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started the hobby the ban started and I watched all the Yellow Tangs dissapear in a couple months.
I'd always hoped it would reinforce captive breeding and we would see them again but I atleast haven't seen captive bred Yellow tangs for sale as of yet.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started the hobby the ban started and I watched all the Yellow Tangs dissapear in a couple months.
I'd always hoped it would reinforce captive breeding and we would see them again but I atleast haven't seen captive bred Yellow tangs for sale as of yet.
They're almost always available directly on our website and we ship to over 200 stores throughout the US and currently ~30 countries internationally

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLEASE . . . . This is not a political discussion or debate on the Hawaii Ban currently in place and going through legislation. That is still in process and will be updated as things progress accordingly.

Should there be positive outcome, What is the one fish you hope will be again accessible and you desire to purchase?
Many of us likely have two or more on their wish list. . . please pick the one main fish.

For me would be chevron Tang or additional group of yellow tangs
Chevron tang!

quesomuchacho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im lucky to have 6 and for over 5 years now

1718651303843.png
Beautiful tank!

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands Down,

Crosshatch Triggerfish. We used to get these in a few times a year at the LFS I worked at for $1200 a pair. They are now unobtainium since the ban even though they are not endemic to Hawaii. I think there are very few elsewhere.

I have always wanted a mated pair. It is one of the few triggers I would add to a reef tank.

$1200 a pair. That's the only reason the crosshatch isn't on my list. To each their own, but I just can't stomach putting that much money into something that could be easily killed by my own negligence, or even worse, to factors outside my control.

They're an absolutely stunning fish, though - if you can get over the price tag. :anguished-face:

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$1200 a pair. That's the only reason the crosshatch isn't on my list. To each their own, but I just can't stomach putting that much money into something that could be easily killed by my own negligence, or even worse, to factors outside my control.

They're an absolutely stunning fish, though - if you can get over the price tag. :anguished-face:
I used to be this way and then I started thinking I spend this much on a phone every 3 years. Why won't I spend this much on a fish that will last me over a decade? To each his own.

It would be much harder for me to spend this much on a coral. This may be that I am just more confident in fish care than coral care, but I think it is also the fact that I view my fish more as pets and my corals more as flowers in a garden. I just don't get the same emotional attachment to the corals.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think it is hard to beat the full color of an adult Chevron Tang

IMG_1264.jpeg
I wish I could disagree but after seeing one in the flesh you really can’t beat them!

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back