What is your Most desired fish if Hawaii Ban is lifted?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was great work/stats.

Small sample size, right? Honestly was curious what people are looking for. I honestly expected a wider list. I mean we know yellows, potters, etc. The moray was a bit of a surprise but maybe I am just ignorant on them. I have never kept one so maybe why.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A healthy blonde Naso
But I got a healthy baby (2.5 inches) Blode Naso not from Hawaii. Bought him at Petco of all place. I am really happy with him
IMG_3286.jpeg
IMG_3287.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Crazy Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I see your geoffroyi and raise you cyanoguttatus. A not Hawaiian fish
1718674348783.jpeg
Have to admit, I’d love one of these with a female potters (Males I can’t quite figure out my love for them).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for fun I did a quick scan of the 82 posts so far and created a list, below, to see what was popular and available. By available I mean captive bred, raised, knowing prices may be different or availability limited. I'm not trying to open that can of worms.

Yellow tang, Cleaner Wrasse, and Potters are available. If I counted correctly Potters Angel is the most popular. I personally wasn't thinking of a Moray but it was mentioned a few times. Chevron tang is right up there with the Yellow. Rest sort of hung in there with the Crosshatch Trigger showing a strong presence.

A few fish I forgot what they looked like so this was fun to go back and see. Pretty fish all.

1718671006803.png
We need to see this as it gets updated! Would also love to see what is truly a Hawaiian endemic - I know Yellow Tangs aren’t same with Black Tangs.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I forgot about potter’s! Those would be so nice to have

I saw a pic of one from another thread a few min ago and immediatly I was like “omg a potters angel! I completely forgot about this fish!”

I had one 10-15 years ago and it looked incredible. I guess they just disappeared or became hard to get and I forgot about them.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol sorry biota. I appreciate what you do and your efforts but this price is insane. Hard pass from me at this price. You’re charging 10x for captive bred

8D89C18C-8043-46C7-B1D5-CB3DB5347F41.png
I looked at these coming out and thought it was a fish I’d have but that price is near enough the price that I may as well buy a hybrid Achilles.

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever hear from other captive bred tang owners that they grow slower than their wild caught counterparts at all?
someone who got a biota yellow tang mentioned his exploded in growth in just a year, it’s lost here somewhere in the posts haha

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chevrons are only nice when they are babies then they turn brown
Either you are color blind, were looking at a very stressed and unhealthy fish, or else you are not thinking of the same fish as everybody else. My Chevron is definately not brown
IMG_1264.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLEASE . . . . This is not a political discussion or debate on the Hawaii Ban currently in place and going through legislation. That is still in process and will be updated as things progress accordingly.

Should there be positive outcome, What is the one fish you hope will be again accessible and you desire to purchase?
Many of us likely have two or more on their wish list. . . please pick the one main fish.

For me would be chevron Tang or additional group of yellow tangs
Yellow eye kole tang

BZOFIQ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
lol sorry biota. I appreciate what you do and your efforts but this price is insane. Hard pass from me at this price. You’re charging 10x for captive bred

8D89C18C-8043-46C7-B1D5-CB3DB5347F41.png

I'll use somebody's else's logic from few posts earlier here.

We are already buying 100K cars - what's another $900 dollars for the fish you always wanted - a drop in the sea.

My own logic - this is insanity, keep it!

BZOFIQ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Either you are color blind, were looking at a very stressed and unhealthy fish, or else you are not thinking of the same fish as everybody else. My Chevron is definately not brown
IMG_1264.jpeg

Not brown at all. If this is your own specimen its really nice

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back