What just appeared in my tank?

BlueBayouReefHTX

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
217
Reaction score
234
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A2069B21-50E5-45E6-9326-CCCC3C88EB39.jpeg

I’ve never seen this before. It looks like a snail with eyes, but I don’t see a shell. Currently I have two tiger conches and some nassarius snails. This doesn’t look like either. 6A011D38-EE14-4B77-9238-607ACAFE6A40.jpeg
 
I found an empty conch shell. This thing is alive and is eating. Why would he be out of his shell? Can he even survive like this?
 
Does it have a hard shell? Could be a chiton if it is.
 
Confirmed it is NOT my tiger conch. Both on the move now. Hard to get a good photo.
Does it have a hard shell? Could be a chiton if it is.
it doesn’t appear to have a hard shell.
70DCFA89-0B6E-4EA0-870E-02B14D961479.jpeg
 
Beautiful creature. Hope it's a good guy!
 
Hard to tell with blue lights, but it might be a small stomatella (as others have said) or a young abalone. If it was rounder I'd say it was a cowrie with it's mantle extended.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new