What killed my sharknose goby?

titlefight13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was doing just fine until just now. I saw him earlier nipping at a blastos frag that had a sponge (he was eating the sponge) and I did think twice about this but I was like eh what could go wrong? And I also moved some zoas around? His belly seems awful. Im sure something parasitic happened to him?

IMG_2868.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This guy was doing just fine until just now. I saw him earlier nipping at a blastos frag that had a sponge. And I always moved some zoas around? His belly seems awful. Im sure something parasitic happened to him?

IMG_2868.png
Looks like flatworms or nematodes on the fish which could have appeared after death. The little red dots suggest an internal issue or even liver issue

OP
OP
titlefight13

titlefight13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like flatworms or nematodes on the fish which could have appeared after death. The little red dots suggest an internal issue or even liver issue
I see, that appears so.. there was a bit of what I assume is blood out his butt, which was so strange. My clownfish is doing just fine, it was just him and the goby. I’m in distress. Is there any precautions I should take?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I see, that appears so.. there was a bit of what I assume is blood out his butt, which was so strange. My clownfish is doing just fine, it was just him and the goby. I’m in distress. Is there any precautions I should take?
Assure good water quality and diet. Assure ammonia and nitrate not elevated and no changes in both breathing and feeding

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back