junghoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5569.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

Hi,

Two days ago, my Copperband butterfly peeled his beak skin off and started bleeding. I introduced him two months ago, and he was very healthy until this happened. Now, he doesn't show any eating behavior. (He only eats oyster. I feed him twice a day.)

How can help him to heal?

I posted pictures of his state.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_5569.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

Hi,

Two days ago, my Copperband butterfly peeled his beak skin off and started bleeding. I introduced him two months ago, and he was very healthy until this happened. Now, he doesn't show any eating behavior. (He only eats oyster. I feed him twice a day.)

How can help him to heal?

I posted pictures of his state.
I answered other thread. Please refrain from cross posting as it takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their concerns
You can treat in quarantine tank with seachem kanaplex but fish may also heal on it own if aggressor is removed from tank or isolated

OP
OP
J

junghoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I answered other thread. Please refrain from cross posting as it takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their concerns
You can treat in quarantine tank with seachem kanaplex but fish may also heal on it own if aggressor is removed from tank or isolated
Thanks for the reply. I will refrain the another post.
I introduced another copperband a week ago, and he is the one who shows aggression towards the sick one. I will do treat in quarantine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I will refrain the another post.
I introduced another copperband a week ago, and he is the one who shows aggression towards the sick one. I will do treat in quarantine.
That makes sense, you dont want two of anything in most cases when it comes to fish. Your best is off numbers (3-5 and so forth)

OP
OP
J

junghoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the comment. The sick one has improved its health and is showing an appetite for oysters again in quarantine. Additionally, it has stopped bleeding and alleviated the tearing of the mouth skin, with its beak returning to normal somewhat overnight. Once it has fully recovered, I will separate it into another tank. I am currently preparing another tank for this purpose.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back