What kind of aqua scape styles are there

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me or send pictures of different kinds of aqua scapes. I want to see which one I want to try when I upgrade my tank, thanks.

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are countless ways to aquascape you really just have to look and search and see what you like. I pesonally like minimalistic rock work but also like the bonsai looks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it would be great to come up with a thread that has many different style pictures and names.

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me or send pictures of different kinds of aqua scapes. I want to see which one I want to try when I upgrade my tank, thanks.

Hi and welcome to r2r. There are a lot of options and variations available with aquascaping. One of the things that I would suggest is checking out the Member tank section and looking to see what other people have done in aquascaping their tanks. This was something that I did when setting up my tank to get ideas.

I think it would be great to come up with a thread that has many different style pictures and names.

Rev I think that would be a great idea, I know for someone like me just starting out having that type of reference could be of tremendous help. I spent a lot of time looking at pictures of other people's tanks, but having a general reference to look at and refer to in one spot could be very helpful to someone starting out.

hbboarder87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 60 when I first set it up.

4405bc42-7610-4dd3.jpg

Tweaked it a little and this is what it looks like now.
4405bc42-7647-b956.jpg

Here was my old nano scape
4405bc42-7681-3eca.jpg

Scaping is fun.

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I cant get pics to work

Big C
One island in center
2 islands
1 island on left or right and dead space on other side
3 islands - this is how one of my tanks is set up
large arch type - I used to have a nano with rock in a c shape that had a hang over to make it look like a massive cave
dont know what to call it but wall of rock from top back to bottom front
you could also do a large peninsula rock setup and leave a 1/3 of the tank rockless

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a peek at my build thread for a few different styles. I think I have my 75G on there as well as my 125G as it is right now... or at least a few days ago ;)

I like the open sand, curved structure, caves, and islands. I tried to do caves in mine while working around the two black braces in my 125G (I hate braces). You really need to look at your lighting plans, braing, and what kind of corals you are going to keep to help decide how to place the rocks.

I will tell you right now that your first and even third try are not going to be good enough for you. You'll be moving rocks around all the time till it either looks perfect, you get sick of moving rocks, or the significant other decides you've done enough playing with rocks ;)

OP
OP
F

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to take the rock out of my current tank put it exactly the same and use dry live rock for the rest and create a big wall with some caves or two islands going down to the center. Thanks

matty0206

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 40b. There are pass through caves in both islands just hard to see in this pic. I think 2 islands, one forward and one back a bit adds depth.

2012-09-22160314.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back