What kind of goby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mclaurin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mclaurin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
35
Location
goose creek
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a hard time trying to label this little (big!) guy. Store said diamond goby but I’m sure it’s not. He’s out and about a lot! Also- I usually only feed my sharp nose puffer and Chromis once a day- is this ok for this goby?
36 gallon
All perimeters are good


A1B62882-24E7-4303-AD4A-FE71FCF0020D.png 871C71AF-31B1-4501-B5FA-F50EB43F0A07.png
 
Having a hard time trying to label this little (big!) guy. Store said diamond goby but I’m sure it’s not. He’s out and about a lot! Also- I usually only feed my sharp nose puffer and Chromis once a day- is this ok for this goby?
36 gallon
All perimeters are good


A1B62882-24E7-4303-AD4A-FE71FCF0020D.png 871C71AF-31B1-4501-B5FA-F50EB43F0A07.png
Escenius midas, these aren’t the gobies and they also aren’t closely related to them either.
 
That is a midas blenny, and your LFS is apparently not to be trusted, because gobies don't look or act like that.

Once-daily feedings should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new