What kind of tube material you are using for Dosing pump? RO tube, Silicon, PVC tube?

Aquaddictorbj4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

As the title, I am considering purchase Versa Dosing pump. No water tube included, I would like to know which kinds of tube material is suitable for dosing?
Have considering RO tube since it is easy to get, but some reviews shows that RO tube is too stiff...

Can anyone share their feedback for RO Tube (is it too hard?) or what kinds of tubing is suitable?

Thanks!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

As the title, I am considering purchase Versa Dosing pump. No water tube included, I would like to know which kinds of tube material is suitable for dosing?
Have considering RO tube since it is easy to get, but some reviews shows that RO tube is too stiff...

Can anyone share their feedback for RO Tube (is it too hard?) or what kinds of tubing is suitable?

Thanks!

Assuming you are not talking about tubing inside a peristaltic pump, I cannot see how RO water tubing is too stiff unless you want to make a bunch of tiny tight turns with it.

I personally just used a clear soft tubing to dose vinegar and liquid foods, but most tubing types carry a risk of undesirable tin in them.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use RO tubing for everything up to the pumps. The only tubes that are silicon are the mastertronic/alkatronic intake lines.

I like the RO tube better because its less prone to degrading and I have LONG runs.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RO tubing is too stiff for my uses as I have twisty turns and loops so silicone tubing it is. I do use RO tubing on one doser but it is a 50 ml minute doser for kalk. I use RO tubing on the input side to make sure it doesn't collapse since I'm pulling it up a few feet to the pump. Silicone on the output side.

EDIT : I've found that some dosers take different size tubing like my kamoers that use tubing that is too small for RO tubing to be used. Not sure what size the versa uses.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back