What kinda soft coral is this

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has what almost looks like fairly decent length hairs all over it that sway in the flow that glow a pale green. It can also contract and close up. Not only do the hairs seal up--it shrivels to maybe half its size.

20181229_231453.jpg

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resembles Sinularia polydactyla to me.

I'm pretty much convinced that pulsing sinularia and what ORA sells as "Fuzzy Lobo" is the same thing (https://www.orafarm.com/product/fuzzy-lobo/). It even pulses just like the sinularia but is much easier to come by from ORA. I'm not really sure what the correct classification is, so I just refer to it as what it was sold as.

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty much convinced that pulsing sinularia and what ORA sells as "Fuzzy Lobo" is the same thing (https://www.orafarm.com/product/fuzzy-lobo/). It even pulses just like the sinularia but is much easier to come by from ORA. I'm not really sure what the correct classification is, so I just refer to it as what it was sold as.
So you're both right and everyone wins!

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although mine has much longer hairs than what you linked and less defined polyps, but it may just be in different conditions!

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice one!!! I'm just starting to collect some softies.Some of the best tanks I see are full of softies.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the polyps are definately different ...hard to single out a single polyp on polydactyla but easily distinguishable on the lobo...i have 3 different frags and theyre all long and stringy almost...

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw my fuzzy lobo has longer polyps and looks almost identical to the op’s picture.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back