What level Alkalinity (dkH) in SPS dominant tank?

What Alkalinity level do you like to maintain in your SPS dominant tank? (dkH)

  • 7-8

    Votes: 13 26.5%
  • 8-9

    Votes: 21 42.9%
  • 9-10

    Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 10-11

    Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 11-12

    Votes: 1 2.0%

  • Total voters
    49

jenreefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2016
Messages
596
Reaction score
727
Location
Magnolia, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been researching Alkalinity levels in SPS dominant reef tanks and the numbers are all over the place. So I decided to poll R2R members and see where you like to keep your Alkalinity in your Reef tanks. Feel free to comment on what type of tank, salt, and method of Alkalinity supplementation you use so that I can get a good idea of your methods.
I look forward to learning from you all.

Jen
 
Would be nice to see a current pic of the tank as well. Following

Im at 10dkh. ESV B-IONIC 2 part, Red Sea Coral pro

 
Last edited:
My tank is new only up since end of August. Currently dealing with zero nutrients and don't really have any SPS in there yet to speak of.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new