What makes a mushroom bounce

smacrophylia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
313
Reaction score
249
Location
clearwater
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon my ignorance but I always assumed that bounce mushrooms were just a type of mushroom. Can any mushroom become a bounce mushroom? What causes the bubble to appear on the coral?

I have a couple hundred or so of these mushrooms that I believe are rhodactis mushrooms I have had for a couple years and I noticed one has a bubble on it. Pretty cool looking but definitely abnormal as none of the others have it.

What makes a mushroom bounce?

IMG_6580.jpeg IMG_6579.jpeg
 
All a bounce is, is enlargement of polyp tissue due to irregular lighting and water conditions not found in nature. It is still pretty much a mystery though as to why this phenomenon occurs.
 
ok that makes sense. It is getting around 450 par at almost surface level of a high flow acro tank so that seems a bit abnormal for a shroomie thanks for the reply
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new