What next?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to go for several acros and not just 1, so far I have a beautiful acro (Presumed to be a purple slimer but some disagreement here and there). It’s purple with new growth looking to be blue. On my list is:
Red Planet
Pink Lemonade
PC rainbow
One of the Dragons
Possibly an Oregon Tort
I’m not really after a fast grower as my tank it’ll go into is my RS Max Nano.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Those are some great choices! Green Slimmer, Pink Cadillac, Garf Bonsai and Vivids Rainbow would also be some good choices if you are just getting in to acros. They are all very hardy pieces and have been in the hobby for a while.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some great choices! Green Slimmer, Pink Cadillac, Garf Bonsai and Vivids Rainbow would also be some good choices if you are just getting in to acros. They are all very hardy pieces and have been in the hobby for a while.
Yeah, I was looking at the PC rainbow as it’s not every day you come across a coral that’s old in the hobby, and got rainbow in its name that goes for a cheap price. Also some of the PE and colouration I’ve seen on the PC rainbow is beautiful.
Definitely going to check out the other options! Forgot to mention my lights have a short phase of blue but also whites so I’d like coral that looks great under both lighting colours.

Vivids rainbow sounds beautiful, have you got any experience with growth compared to the PC rainbow or if there’s much or even any difference between the two?

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, I was looking at the PC rainbow as it’s not every day you come across a coral that’s old in the hobby, and got rainbow in its name that goes for a cheap price. Also some of the PE and colouration I’ve seen on the PC rainbow is beautiful.
Definitely going to check out the other options! Forgot to mention my lights have a short phase of blue but also whites so I’d like coral that looks great under both lighting colours.

Vivids rainbow sounds beautiful, have you got any experience with growth compared to the PC rainbow or if there’s much or even any difference between the two?

Growth wise I would say they are about the same. Both are very hardy pieces and have always been solid growers.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PC rainbow is awesome. Looks great in any lighting. You won't regret it.
I think next time I take a trip down to my not so LFS, I will see if they have one and most likely pick it up along with a potential red planet or Pink Cadillac then.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back