What on earth?

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a bubble tip anemone yesterday (probably 3-4 inches diameter, a pretty decent size) and it migrated across the tank overnight - nothing out of the ordinary so far. Today, though, I was out of the house for about 8 hours and when I got home, I now had two anemones. I'm kinda freaking out, like what happened??? There were no signs of splitting or even starting to split yesterday, and now there are two perfectly formed anemones - no tears, full circles. Can anyone shed any light on what happened, it's kinda crazy.

OP
OP
gaki

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kicking myself because I didn't get any pictures of it before the split but I can get some of them now, as far as I can tell, theres no real signs of splitting because both the feet are basically circular.

Attachments

• IMG_1834.MOV
    23.9 MB
  • IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 48

strawberryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kicking myself because I didn't get any pictures of it before the split but I can get some of them now, as far as I can tell, theres no real signs of splitting because both the feet are basically circular.
Huh, that's so crazy. I've no idea what's going on here, but good luck with them hopefully they both do well from here on.

OP
OP
gaki

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well... i think i figured it out. A piece of net that I put to stop my clowns from getting in the back chamber where the pump is was blocking the water flow and triggering the ATO wayyyy more than it needed to be. The salinity dropped from 1.026/7 to 1.023/4 which I think stressed the anemone and shocked it into splitting. I think i've remedied it by slowly adding in some supersaline water to bring the salinity back up - hopefully this turns out alright.

Back