What ORA Acropora do you have?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tahoe61
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
18,429
Reaction score
22,295
Location
AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always been a big fan of ORA corals, and specifically Acropora.

Currently I have

1. Green Planet.
2. Red Planet/ I have had before.
3. Borealis, which look like a Tenius to me.
4. Plum Crazy.

Just ordered

Ants Insignis
Miami Orchid

As for sps I also have ORA Montipora (Jedi Mind Trick) and Montipora Spongodes.

Please show me your ORA Acropora or other sps.

Thanks in advance.
 
I used to have them all before I had a sps crash :/ favorite was always the yellow fuzzy which is highlighter yellow if placed high enough and also the blue iris, which I still have
 
Ah dang sorry to hear that, so the tank is on the come back?

I have had the highlighter, nice stable coral with good coloration, mine was green though, not enough light.

Had the Joe as well, really liked it. I would really like a Chips but you rarely see it.

If I go to your tank thread can I find the Iris?

So far my new favorites are the Jedi and the Borealis.
 
I don't have a tank thread unfortunately, but I'll take a picture tomorrow of the blue iris. I think it's the best acro they have, but they don't ship them really at all because the frags usually die. I've had it for about a year and it's the slowest growing acro I've ever seen lol
 
My Red Planet got huge, yeah whos doesn't right.
Love the Borealis, looks like all those high end Tenius I see.
Green Planet is growing really well.

Love forward to seeing he Iris. Yeah I have not seen one for sale. Nor Chips, Blue Milli.....
 
Here's some. Birds of Paradise was under old bulbs, colored up nicely under new ones.
20140420_142950.jpg
20140316_195723.jpg
20140316_195703.jpg
20140404_184103.jpg
20140606_180311.jpg
20150618_230752.jpg
 
What is image #5. I have not tried ORA Stylophora or any of the Seriatopora. Nice frag rack.
 
I have not seen that one available on LA, really like the growth formation. I would definitely give it a try.
 
I live accross the globe so getting those wasnt easy!!!
Used to have a large Red Planet colony that i grew from a one inch frag and a ORA blue tort that never grew. Also acquired an ORA green birdnest and bottle brush which i both lost straight after shipping.
I currentlt have a red planet frag in STN, Joe the Coral and green birdnest all frags
 
Red planet, Joe the Coral, Purple Plasma. All really cool. I have a Miami Orchid that the more I grows out the less I think it's legit.

At one point I had their shortcake which was nice but lost it in tank troubles....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new