What order to add fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Juice780
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Juice780

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
204
Reaction score
99
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be starting my new tank next week and wondering what order to add my fish. Tank is 70gallons. First 2 fish will be a pair of clown fish. Other fish I want to add are tomini tank 3 azure damsels flame hawk fish melenerous wrasse and six line wrasse. Not sure if the 2 wrasses will get along. What order would you add the fish after the clown fish? I plan on adding a sand sifting goby but it will be later when the tank has aged so it will have plenty of food in the sand
 
The mix of wrasse is a risk, i would add in the six line last.
The flame hawk also has the potential to be agressive.

Personally I would do the below -
2 Clownfish First
Tomini, Damsels, Flame Hawk and Melenerous together
Six Line Last

However I dont have a huge amount of experience with Wrasse, only the Six Line (which I added in last).
 
I’m setting up a quarantine tank same time as my display. I plan on adding the clown fish directly to the display when ready because I trust the source and I’ve never had bad luck with clowns. After that I will buy one fish and put in the quarantine and monitor for a few weeks then add it to the display until I have everything I want in the tank. I’m not going do a medicated quarantine unless I see a problem
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new