What other fish can I have??

Chris’s fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have a 125 gallon aquarium with a 55 gallon sump and was wondering how many more fish I can add?? I currently have 5 bangeye cardinals, 1 royal gramma, and 1 fairy wrasse, as well as 1 Cleaner Shrimp. I think I want one or two more fairy wrasses, a pair of clownfish, and some tangs. Could I have a sail fin tang, yellow kole eye tang, and a yellow tang together? If not what combination of tangs could work with the other fish I have?

I forgot to mention It is also a mixed reef tank coral wise

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can add many more fish in that tank. Im targeting 18 in my 110. The Tangs should be fine in a 125. Personally Id skip the Sailfin as they tend to get bigger than the other two but thats just my opinion. You’ll get many more Im sure.

Im a wrasse nut and would add about 10 more of them were I in your shoes :)

Keep filtration in mind as you expand the stocking. Is the skimmer sized for a heavier bioload, how else will you manage nutrient export etc.

Have fun!

OP
OP
Chris’s fish

Chris’s fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can add many more fish in that tank. Im targeting 18 in my 110. The Tangs should be fine in a 125. Personally Id skip the Sailfin as they tend to get bigger than the other two but thats just my opinion. You’ll get many more Im sure.

Im a wrasse nut and would add about 10 more of them were I in your shoes :)

Keep filtration in mind as you expand the stocking. Is the skimmer sized for a heavier bioload, how else will you manage nutrient export etc.

Have fun!
Thanks for the advice. Do you think I could have a powder blue tang instead of a sailfin?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Do you think I could have a powder blue tang instead of a sailfin?
Honestly you’re probably fine with either. I have a PBT and Yellow in mine which is a smaller footprint. I feel like the Sailfin’s Ive seen kept longer term tend to get bigger than the other two. It may very well be an illusion due to the bigger fins.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back