What other fish should I add?

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon Biocube. I need one more fish to plan on putting into my tank. I want something that is peaceful and doesn’t nip at corals. Im just unsure what to choose. Right now I only have a Royal Gramma. I used to have 2 clownfish, but I had to remove them because they bullied the gramma. Planning to get clownfish as the last thing I stock. Here’s what I plan on stocking.

Ocellaris clownfish

Darwin Clownfish

Royal gramma

Midas Blenny

What other fish would y’all recommend adding?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies are just bullies in general. I thought Midas were pretty benign though.

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies are just bullies in general. I thought Midas were pretty benign though.
My Midas is not gonna take anything from anyone. He bucks up to my Melanurus wrasse who is at least twice his size, and he chases my little Flame Hawk away from his cave if he gets too close. Would def not put one in with a a Firefish.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful putting Firefish with a Midas Blenny. The Midas is kinda picky on anything peaceful like Firefish.
I really want a Midas but I’ll pass on it if it’s likely to bully other tank mates. It’s a pain to deal with fish aggression and watch it happen in front of your eyes. So I’m willing to sacrifice. Would a Midas be fine with clowns and a super peaceful gramma

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a Midas but I’ll pass on it if it’s likely to bully other tank mates. It’s a pain to deal with fish aggression and watch it happen in front of your eyes. So I’m willing to sacrifice. Would a Midas be fine with clowns and a super peaceful gramma
What about a Yellow Watchman Goby? They are very cute, mind their own and they can be entertaining. I love mine. We call him PeekatChu.

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 Clown and a Gramma with my Midas. He doesn't bother them, he only bothers the wrasse because I think he wants to be boss(wrasse is tank boss), and he picks on the flame hawk because he is alot smaller then everyone. Gramma and Midas each have there own caves, and they never go in or around the others, and the Clown just does his thing up by the powerhead.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a Yellow Watchman Goby? They are very cute, mind their own and they can be entertaining. I love mine. We call him PeekatChu.
Have decided I’m going to replace the job he would do with a conch. That’s why I need another fish recommendation

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a Banggii cardinal? I have one of those also, and nobody ever bothers him. And he never bothers anyone either, just keeps to himself.
I have considered banggiis but I’m personally not attracted to them, unsure why. Most all the other fish I am, unsure why not him.

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an LMB in my 32. He is totally fine with my clowns.

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 32g biocube has a sixline wrasse, two clowns, a bangai cardinal, and a starrry blenny. I consider this very full, but I really really want to add a clown goby... I freaking love those fish.

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 32g biocube has a sixline wrasse, two clowns, a bangai cardinal, and a starrry blenny. I consider this very full, but I really really want to add a clown goby... I freaking love those fish.
I had a clown goby for a few weeks, had to trade it in since he was ruining my acros with the nonstop perching.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an LMB in my 32. He is totally fine with my clowns.
Considered lawnmowers and will get if there’s a reason why I don’t want to get the Midas
yeah they’re pretty fish. It would be a risk with any Blenny though.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Pink smith damselfish. No idea how aggressive they are (definitely leaves my yellow coris wrasse alone).

I have a pair in my 25gallon. They stay together all day and occasional chase each other. No fin nipping. They are pretty and are always waiting in the current for dislodged critters. Looks pretty like an anthias and quite fun to watch as well.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink smith damselfish. No idea how aggressive they are (definitely leaves my yellow coris wrasse alone).

I have a pair in my 25gallon. They stay together all day and occasional chase each other. No fin nipping. They are pretty and are always waiting in the current for dislodged critters. Looks pretty like an anthias and quite fun to watch as well.
Anything with damsel in it is not gonna work in my tank. Or at least I’m not gonna risk it

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back