What part of equipment should I buy first ?

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘m thinking to use Triton Other Methods, so GHL KG Director would be a better choice. Thank’s for your opinion!

Just as an FYI, GHL KH Director is lab quality and requires lab quality calibration. Getting it setup for the 1st time will be very frustrating. Once you have it working, it's great.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank's not running yet and you're already trying to upgrade your lights? Yikes.

Do you have liverock yet?

There are way too many issues with the Ecotech dosing pumps right now -so I'd be leaning towards the KH director if those were the only choices.

OP
OP
I

Infern0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank's not running yet and you're already trying to upgrade your lights? Yikes.

Do you have liverock yet?

There are way too many issues with the Ecotech dosing pumps right now -so I'd be leaning towards the KH director if those were the only choices.
I have the rock (CaribSea Life rock) , the sand should arrive these days( CaribSea Special Grade) . GHL , Versas or Pacific Sun Core 7TH are the choices

george7523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get the GHL KH director. I have one and it's become a very expensive paper weight. not reliable at all. doser 2.1 is ok. try alkatronic. I read alot of good reviews. actually recently got one myself but haven't set it up yet

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights you have are solid. I'd stick with them and go with a controller. They arent listed, and perhaps for good reason, but have you considered an APEX or Hydros Control?

OP
OP
I

Infern0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get the GHL KH director. I have one and it's become a very expensive paper weight. not reliable at all. doser 2.1 is ok. try alkatronic. I read alot of good reviews. actually recently got one myself but haven't set it up yet
I have allready bought the GHL director, but haven‘t setup yet . In EU it is very hard to buy Neptune products.

OP
OP
I

Infern0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights you have are solid. I'd stick with them and go with a controller. They arent listed, and perhaps for good reason, but have you considered an APEX or Hydros Control?
I have Orphek lights now and the GHL Profilux 4 Controler, it is very hard to buy APEX in Europe .

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back