what PH do you like and why? shopping for a new one or 2..

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

so I have a jebo pp8 doing great but I have one that never really worked too. I am in the process of moving my tank and resetting it up. so I thought It might be time to think about flow in the tank.

tank specs:
90 SCA 36x24x24 with a center over flow right in the middle. tank is 1" from wall to give space to walk by dont think I want to bring it out much more than that.

tank will be LPS dominate with a few softies and a cpl of SPS so yeah a mixed reef. but mostly LPS.

the new tank home will be viewable from 3 sides... so Ideally I would like the PH on the back wall. pretty set on that.

option #1
cheapest get the newer coral box quite pump and use what I have .\

get a pair of the newer coral box RN1 wave makers they seem promising. could fit my set up perfect wide flow pattern small foot print and are affordable.

a pair of maxspect Gyre pumps the most expensive option not sure of the XF230 will work on the 90gal. says max tank size is 100 gal anyone know if that is for 1 unit or paired up?

so this is my 1st thought about flow in the reboot of the tnak would love other thoughts and feed back so if you have used any of these pumps let me know or if you have other ideas I am open.

cheers

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, read the title thinking you wanted to know the PH level of a tank.
I really like the ecotech vortechs, and mounted on the back wall they're practically invisible. But I do like the gyres. I've never personally used them but I have seen them in action in coral vendor frag tanks and the coral really live the flow they generate.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabs Mcjones haha yeah i thought everyone knew PH = power heads :p

I just dont have the room for the dry side behind the tank or the $$ for 2 mp10 what to speak of 2 mp40 :/ I am not sure the mp10 would make a wide flow for my needs.
If it helps I use two mp10s on my 36x18x17 so you're not much bigger dimension wise. And I have probably 60 to 70% sps corals

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze still has the best overall setup and variety of pumps available IMO.

Everything from their $78, non-controllable model 6045 up to their 6040, 6055, and 6095 controllable pumps ($140-$290) would be excellent in your tank.

All would work well from the back wall, or almost anywhere else you'd care to place them...bare bottom...inside a Tunze Rock...wherever. :)

Consider that you'll need at least enough room behind the tank to get a good grip on things you place back there - like the mounting magnets for these pumps.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a pair of the new reefbreeders RP-M pump and so far I really like them. OK, so far is only a week, but still .... They are wide flow and quiet. Should be more than enough for a smaller tank.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a pair of the new reefbreeders RP-M pump and so far I really like them. OK, so far is only a week, but still .... They are wide flow and quiet. Should be more than enough for a smaller tank.

good to hear you like em. there on the top of my list along with the XF230's
which tank are you running them on?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually running them in my big 450 ..... but with a specific purpose. I have them mounted on the ghost overflow so they only need to cover the 36" depth (front to back) of the tank. They appear to be quite up to the task.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back