OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Vectras are a bit different with respect to setup/calibration, so that's probably correct. You'd probably want to set the max to 90-100%. You may have to play around with a few different setups to find the sweet spot.

On mine I just pick the speed and go. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I swear to everything i cant catch a break. After calibrating to 100% its like i unlocked hulk. I have more speed. I dropped the speed from 70% to 50% and look at the splashes. I dont understand? For a pump that’s under powered for my system. Why wouldnt be quiet in the overflowbox at 59% after calibration any idea whats going on?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see in the video, the water in the overflow is being removed at a faster rate than it can be replenished. The first thing you want to do is select your desired pump speed (by whatever criteria), and then make small (1/8" to 1/4") adjustments to your gate valve - waiting at least 5 minutes between adjustments.

I can't tell from the video if I'm looking at the main overflow pipe or the emergency one.

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see in the video, the water in the overflow is being removed at a faster rate than it can be replenished. The first thing you want to do is select your desired pump speed (by whatever criteria), and then make small (1/8" to 1/4") adjustments to your gate valve - waiting at least 5 minutes between adjustments.

I can't tell from the video if I'm looking at the main overflow pipe or the emergency one.
Thats the emergency one. The splashes from the overflow in the middle going on top of the pipe. I really not sure anymore

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the emergency one. The splashes from the overflow in the middle going on top of the pipe. I really not sure anymore
Ah, ok - nix my previous comment. It looks like you may need to open the gate valve to compensate -or- slow the pump speed down a bit.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that above your emergency outlet? Was it reduced in size (height) at all? I think I see the issue (it's the overhead pipe that runs across to the return outlets).

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this thread with (I'm guessing) the identical problem. Two suggestions were a zip-lock bag or a sponge (which would need cleaning).

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that above your emergency outlet? Was it reduced in size (height) at all?
I found this thread with (I'm guessing) the identical problem. Two suggestions were a zip-lock bag or a sponge (which would need cleaning).

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea tank and I don't have that problem because there isn't any piping that runs across the overflow (so my main and emergency overflow pipes are higher). If I had to guess my emergency overflow pipe extends about halfway up the height of the weir in my overflow. A sponge in the overflow could work - but you'd probably have to regularly clean it.

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea tank and I don't have that problem because there isn't any piping that runs across the overflow (so my main and emergency overflow pipes are higher). If I had to guess my emergency overflow pipe extends about halfway up the height of the weir in my overflow. A sponge in the overflow could work - but you'd probably have to regularly clean it.
4k tank. And im having this issue honesty this is insanity. Do you still recommend the l2 even after all the issues im having?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4k tank. And im having this issue honesty this is insanity. Do you still recommend the l2 even after all the issues im having?
Try the sponge. Well, there's a few different issues we've been tossing around: overall flow, noise in the sump (resolved), noise in the overflow (ongoing). If this is primarily a noise issue, no - I'd stick with the M2 (as I suggested in a previous post, if you're happy with the flow just stick with it until the pump breaks and you eventually need to replace it).

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the sponge. Well, there's a few different issues we've been tossing around: overall flow, noise in the sump (resolved), noise in the overflow (ongoing). If this is primarily a noise issue, no - I'd stick with the M2 (as I suggested in a previous post, if you're happy with the flow just stick with it until the pump breaks and you eventually need to replace it).
Where do i place the sponge inside the overflow box?
tried the sponge and still annoying waterbox did me dirty with this one. They replied to ny email said the pipe is in the rigjt position but put a sponge

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do i place the sponge inside the overflow box?

tried the sponge and still annoying waterbox did me dirty with this one. They replied to ny email said the pipe is in the rigjt position but put a sponge
In the emergency overflow pipe - just to stop the splashing noise.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back