OP
OP
josh515025

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think BRS sells blue metric pipe. I would order a different 1/2" bulkhead first before mismatching the plumbing.
Hmm, the bulkhead is from the tank, Fijicube. It was plug n play basically except the PVC pipe.

The 3/4” on the overflow fit perfectly , but the 1/2 returns do not.

So I don’t think Fijicube sent metric or messed up their return bulkheads .

But on the other hand yea BRS doesn’t sell metric either lol.

I sent emails to both but probably won’t get reply till Monday.

OP
OP
josh515025

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schedule doesn’t matter. The OD will always be the same. It appears that BRS may have sent metric pipe. A 1/2” bulkhead should fit 1/2” PVC.
Yea I’m leaning towards BRS error. Which is strange since they don’t seem to sell metric at all.

Sent emails to both companies but won’t get reply till Monday probably. They both operate in inches. All the bulkheads/fittings were from Fijicube in inches.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If BRS doesn’t sell metric plumbing, I wonder if Fijicube unwittingly ended up with some metric bulkheads?

I’m dealing with a similar situation with an Innovative Marine tank. They tell me that their bulkheads are 3/4 & 1, but I’ve tried every 3/4 & 1 bulkhead I can find and none of them are small enough to fit the holes in the tank. Similarly sized metric bulkheads fit the tank perfectly, but the PVC won’t fit the bulkheads in the same manner that your doesn’t.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a Lifegard bulkhead from amazon. The blue PVC is manufactured by formfit. I do not think there is a another manufacture of colored PVC. Take your blue PVC sample to the hardware store and check against standard PVC just to be sure. But I am betting that the bulkhead may be metric.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m just stuck on the returns.
Is the pipe you are trying to use on the returns the same size as the drain plumbing you already installed? That is 3/4" not 1/2"

Did you buy 2 different sizes of blue pipe from BRS when you ordered it? You need 1/2" and 3/4" to plumb that tank.

Last edited:

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's very close to fitting could you use sand paper to shave the last inch of the blue pipe down so it goes in?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back