What should I do to keep my anemone healthy keeps taking a long time to inflate when tank lights are on just got it recently 4days ago

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry about the ornaments people use them what’s your lighting like?
They use them until they don’t.

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...dIJyARFXIp9hc0Z7LCz3Px6HsANeB-pflLS8-IMpDZXI& this is the kit I got I couldn’t find the light sold separately anywhere barely any information on it
okay so multiple things going on here your going to need to upgrade your lighting asap if you want this nem to survive they need high par values so with a very new system + inadequate lighting is causing big issues and stress the best thing you can do right now is give away or drop a bit of money on new lighting

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0

The odds a solo piece of plastic killed all those fish over night is unlikely I know people with these in tank and their system is fine it’s about personal preference if that’s what they want then let them do it right now the issue is the nem not the decor

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

okay so multiple things going on here your going to need to upgrade your lighting asap if you want this nem to survive they need high par values so with a very new system + inadequate lighting is causing big issues and stress the best thing you can do right now is give away or drop a bit of money on new lighting
Ok so tonight I’m going to research on lighting do you have any recommendations on a 13.5 gallon tank for the lighting or which light should I get? Also I’m am extremely new to this so if you have any suggestions please feel free to send them through

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Ok so tonight I’m going to research on lighting do you have any recommendations on a 13.5 gallon tank for the lighting or which light should I get? Also I’m am extremely new to this so if you have any suggestions please feel free to send them through
Look through peoples build threads that have a 13.5 gallon tank I’m not sure what lights work best on them unfortunately I do see people using ai primes but there costly maybe @SauceyReef can give you some ideas they have a nice mixed reef 13.5 build going

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look through peoples build threads that have a 13.5 gallon tank I’m not sure what lights work best on them unfortunately I do see people using ai primes but there costly maybe @SauceyReef can give you some ideas they have a nice mixed reef 13.5 build going

Okay thank you a lot I’m going to do more research on my tank and nem and shoot them a message, I’ll post updates on the nem later when it’s time for the lights to go on

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Okay thank you a lot I’m going to do more research on my tank and nem and shoot them a message, I’ll post updates on the nem later when it’s time for the lights to go on
Good luck feel free to reach out to me with whatever questions you have

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used an AI Prime 16 HD on mine.

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you will do
Quick question going to try and feed the nem if it’s arms inflate when the lights are on in 3 hours are mussels okay to feed it? I also have phytoplankton but idk if it benefits from that like normal coral

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feed it until it's established in your tank. Leave it alone and provide good living conditions.
I fed my Kenya tree phytoplankton like 3 days after was that okay or should I hold back a little on that too?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh 250$ for a tank light is a little pricey is there any cheaper options
This is a good light for a nano tank. They are a sponsor here if you want to check out their forum section.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 135 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back