What should I feed Torches, Hammers, and Frogspawn?

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef roid + crushed Fauna Marine LPS pellets, It's what I give to mine and they seem to like it. And I feed them 2 or 3 times a week.( target feeding )
I don’t like roids because it makes my phosphate high. But I could try pellets

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish poop and mysis shrimp when you broadcast feed should be enough. Be carfeful about reef roids and other coral food - they often lead to spikes in Phos and that will end up hurting your coral, not helping.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a good idea to list your current nutrient levels and stock if you want a quality answer. As mentioned your current load might be plenty as it is but if you have room to play around a little then a lower phosphate pellet would be best. I don't prefer to keep euphyllia but some knucklehead sent me a cc21 tail instead of my sticks and it responds really well to this...

IMG_1160.JPG

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a good idea to list your current nutrient levels and stock if you want a quality answer. As mentioned your current load might be plenty as it is but if you have room to play around a little then a lower phosphate pellet would be best. I don't prefer to keep euphyllia but some knucklehead sent me a cc21 tail instead of my sticks and it responds really well to this...

IMG_1160.JPG
90 gallon tank with a small hippo blue and yellow tang, 2 clownfish, 1 tailspot blenny, and 3 damsels.
Nitrate - 9.7
Phosphate - 0.03
It sounds like most people say that I don’t need to spot feed them. Should I with these nutrient levels?

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 gallon tank with a small hippo blue and yellow tang, 2 clownfish, 1 tailspot blenny, and 3 damsels.
Nitrate - 9.7
Phosphate - 0.03
It sounds like most people say that I don’t need to spot feed them. Should I with these nutrient levels?
I would say if your feeding your fish twice a day you should be good. Those things will let you know if they get hangry.

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say if your feeding your fish twice a day you should be good. Those things will let you know if they get hangry.
I usually feed the tank once a day but sometimes twice a day. How will I know if they get hangry?

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back