What should I feed Torches, Hammers, and Frogspawn?

Reef roid + crushed Fauna Marine LPS pellets, It's what I give to mine and they seem to like it. And I feed them 2 or 3 times a week.( target feeding )
 
Reef roid + crushed Fauna Marine LPS pellets, It's what I give to mine and they seem to like it. And I feed them 2 or 3 times a week.( target feeding )
I don’t like roids because it makes my phosphate high. But I could try pellets
 
Fish poop and mysis shrimp when you broadcast feed should be enough. Be carfeful about reef roids and other coral food - they often lead to spikes in Phos and that will end up hurting your coral, not helping.
 
Probably a good idea to list your current nutrient levels and stock if you want a quality answer. As mentioned your current load might be plenty as it is but if you have room to play around a little then a lower phosphate pellet would be best. I don't prefer to keep euphyllia but some knucklehead sent me a cc21 tail instead of my sticks and it responds really well to this...

IMG_1160.JPG
 
Probably a good idea to list your current nutrient levels and stock if you want a quality answer. As mentioned your current load might be plenty as it is but if you have room to play around a little then a lower phosphate pellet would be best. I don't prefer to keep euphyllia but some knucklehead sent me a cc21 tail instead of my sticks and it responds really well to this...

IMG_1160.JPG
90 gallon tank with a small hippo blue and yellow tang, 2 clownfish, 1 tailspot blenny, and 3 damsels.
Nitrate - 9.7
Phosphate - 0.03
It sounds like most people say that I don’t need to spot feed them. Should I with these nutrient levels?
 
90 gallon tank with a small hippo blue and yellow tang, 2 clownfish, 1 tailspot blenny, and 3 damsels.
Nitrate - 9.7
Phosphate - 0.03
It sounds like most people say that I don’t need to spot feed them. Should I with these nutrient levels?
I would say if your feeding your fish twice a day you should be good. Those things will let you know if they get hangry.
 
I would say if your feeding your fish twice a day you should be good. Those things will let you know if they get hangry.
I usually feed the tank once a day but sometimes twice a day. How will I know if they get hangry?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new