what size gasket for AquqUV UV sterilizer for 2” union (output)? Slow leak - help!

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommissioned my old AquaUV 25W (with new 57W bulb and new transformer) but on running water I can see a very slow leak at the output side of the 2” union.

I cleaned the gasket/O ring a few times and made sure no debris. Tightened as much as I can.

I suspect the O Ring. Anyone know the size and if these are commonly available at the hardware stores?

Blake509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a gasket kit that has multiple different sizes to find the one your looking for at most hardware stores.

OP
OP
C

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a gasket kit that has multiple different sizes to find the one your looking for at most hardware stores.
Argh. My local store doesn’t have them. If anyone has the known size I can look on Amazon. I’ll try AquaUV too but might get a slow response.

Blake509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argh. My local store doesn’t have them. If anyone has the known size I can look on Amazon. I’ll try AquaUV too but might get a slow response.
Harbor freight if you have one in your area or online cheap kits under $10

OP
OP
C

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end I ordered another AquaUV 2” union slip part only with O ring for $10 vs just the O ring alone for $8.

I managed to stop the leak at least temporarily by putting Teflon thread paste into the groove for the o ring. My existing ring had a barely visible but palpable thin indentation so I wonder if that was the issue. I put that side down into the paste and it seems to have fixed it until I get the part.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back