OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shocked at the number of people who have answered with relatively reasonably sized aquariums. Has everyone seen the 17,000 gal tank from hedgedrew? After seeing it a tank that size has been my unobtainable dream tank. I just want it to be big enough to just be a wall of glass in front of me with it deep enough that I can't see to the back of it.
If we want to be a little more realistic then something in the 300 gallon range is the tank that I hope to get in the future.
Think they realize the work involved in something that large maybe

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think they realize the work involved in something that large maybe
Very true, but like someone else mentioned with money not mattering, then I'd just pay someone else to maintain it.

Actually if everything gets setup with automation in mind the maintenance probably wouldn't be too bad. I don't have to do much with my tank regularly (besides feeding), it shouldn't be much different just on a much, much larger scale. Now I just need to find somewhere to setup my 5,000 gallon mixing station for my AWC..LOL

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true, but like someone else mentioned with money not mattering, then I'd just pay someone else to maintain it.

Actually if everything gets setup with automation in mind the maintenance probably wouldn't be too bad. I don't have to do much with my tank regularly (besides feeding), it shouldn't be much different just on a much, much larger scale. Now I just need to find somewhere to setup my 5,000 gallon mixing station for my AWC..LOL
I don't think you realize, even with unlimited money a tank of that scale the work would require even with automation. You can't automate if your fish knocks a coral off the rock and a 2,000 colony is now lying facedown in the sand. Now you've got to suit up, cause you aren't doing that with tongs, and dive in at 6am before you got to be at work and fix it. Which is no easy task.

Also if you've ever watched the 20,000g videos on YT, the guy basically has unlimited money and had SEVERE problems that took him years to fix with managing flow on a tank that size. He came up with some pretty ingenious ways to do it, but took him years to do it.

I'm not saying its not possible, but the work involved is incredible.

I'll stick with my 140g dream tank that I know with an absolute certainty I can maintain LOL

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you realize, even with unlimited money a tank of that scale the work would require even with automation. You can't automate if your fish knocks a coral off the rock and a 2,000 colony is now lying facedown in the sand. Now you've got to suit up, cause you aren't doing that with tongs, and dive in at 6am before you got to be at work and fix it. Which is no easy task.

Also if you've ever watched the 20,000g videos on YT, the guy basically has unlimited money and had SEVERE problems that took him years to fix with managing flow on a tank that size. He came up with some pretty ingenious ways to do it, but took him years to do it.

I'm not saying its not possible, but the work involved is incredible.

I'll stick with my 140g dream tank that I know with an absolute certainty I can maintain LOL
You're probably right that it would be way more work than I would expect. I have never seen the YouTube videos of the 20,000g tank, but I will probably watch it/them now.
Also, if I can afford a tank like that there is no chance that I would still be working a 9-5 job.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're probably right that it would be way more work than I would expect. I have never seen the YouTube videos of the 20,000g tank, but I will probably watch it/them now.
Also, if I can afford a tank like that there is no chance that I would still be working a 9-5 job.
You gotta pay for it somehow! Lol.

Back