What size is your dream tank?

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had no space limitations, no money limitations, what size would your dream tank be?

Can be by gallons or even dimensions!

I‘ll start, 48x30x21 right around 140g. For what I want to keep and maintenance involved thats my dream tank. I’ve had a 180g in the past and it was to much.

What is ya’lls?

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to have a tank that is 12ft long 3 ft tall and 3 feet wide. Lots of things that could be done with that...

Would also love having a pond style shark and ray tank with a glass panel for viewing. Something really big.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to have a tank that is 12ft long 3 ft tall and 3 feet wide. Lots of things that could be done with that...

Would also love having a pond style shark and ray tank with a glass panel for viewing. Something really big.
Big dreams! That’s awesome.

ive always liked sharks and rays but for me only to look at, not to keep lol

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a 60 Gallon cube 3 by 3 by 3 with a sump at the bottom with open cabinet for everyone to see the magic. I’d stock it with a yellow tang, clown pair, mandarin, cleaner shrimp, cardinals, ywg, blue throat fairly wrasse, and a royal gramma pair. I would add every Coral I own with more of them and have huge dedicated gardens. Sadly it’s all just a dream :(

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream tank would be a 12ft, 600-700 gallon. Don’t think that’s achievable for me any time soon, if ever. The possibilities with that tank would probably make me under-stock it for a long time, especially considering my insistence on getting as many captive bred fish as possible.

Barring that a 9-10ft 450, which would still be hard for me to ever have, would be good enough.

Reef tank with reef safe with caution fish.

Or a wider 8-8.5’ tank if I had the space. I know Chinese reefers having 300-350 gallon tanks in apartments, above the first floor. Not sure if I want to risk that even with concrete floors so I’m going to look for a first floor apartment.

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting to be considering maintenance in that. If I was spending unlimited money I’d probably also be paying for someone to help maintain it. In that case, I’d go freaking giant.

if I’m having to maintain - I think a 400g would be about the limit. We’re talking 100g water changes at that point and that’s a ton of water to keep going.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No limitations?

one million gallons!
1628744794049.jpeg

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting to be considering maintenance in that. If I was spending unlimited money I’d probably also be paying for someone to help maintain it. In that case, I’d go freaking giant.

if I’m having to maintain - I think a 400g would be about the limit. We’re talking 100g water changes at that point and that’s a ton of water to keep going.
Guess I meant no limitations on build money. Not unlimited period lol

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream tank arrives Oct 6th. Red Sea Reefer 3xl 900. I had wanted the new one that is larger but it just was a tad too big for my space which is a 10x10 office. Once I have this up and going, we'll see if I have "dreams of bigger". I suspect that this will fulfill my dream of a larger tank for quite a while!

Of course, once the old tank in the living room comes down, there is space for a larger tank lol's

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This. 12x3x3

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't subscribe to the bigger is better theory. I've had my 75gal oceanic tank for 20 years and love it. I had an oceanic 120gal before that which was nice but more upkeep. One of our lfs had a 4ft by 4ft square tank I really liked. He had it drilled in the middle which I don't think I would like, I would prefer it to be drilled in the back.

One dream tank I've always wanted was something like a 50gal lowboy on a low stand and have it full of clams.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't subscribe to the bigger is better theory. I've had my 75gal oceanic tank for 20 years and love it. I had an oceanic 120gal before that which was nice but more upkeep. One of our lfs had a 4ft by 4ft square tank I really liked. He had it drilled in the middle which I don't think I would like, I would prefer it to be drilled in the back.

One dream tank I've always wanted was something like a 50gal lowboy on a low stand and have it full of clams.
Yea see that’s my issue, I want to many things. I think instead of 1 giant tank full of everything, I want like 6 smaller tanks that have specific stuff into them. Like an anemone only tank example

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shocked at the number of people who have answered with relatively reasonably sized aquariums. Has everyone seen the 17,000 gal tank from hedgedrew? After seeing it a tank that size has been my unobtainable dream tank. I just want it to be big enough to just be a wall of glass in front of me with it deep enough that I can't see to the back of it.
If we want to be a little more realistic then something in the 300 gallon range is the tank that I hope to get in the future.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back