What Size Protein Skimmer?

rooneyj889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I'm currently planning on expanding my filtration for my 75 gallon tank. I'm currently just running a canister filter because i started the tank thinking i'd do fish only about a month an a half ago. I am not planning on expanding by putting a 150 gallon rubbermaid tub as the sump with a separate 40 or 55 gallon tank as the refugium. This will allow me to expand in the future and I have plans to add on a seahorse tank of 30-40 gallons by the end of the year and then a 200-250 gallon around next may or so. Because of this, I want to get a Skimmer that's big enough that I don't have to upgrade it in the future but will also do the job now. Because i'm relatively new I wanted to get some input as to what would be good to run. Other filtration on system would be a decent size fuge, filter socks to start and maybe a rollermat in the future and just live rock and bio media in the sump. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not looking to go super pricey.

OP
OP
rooneyj889

rooneyj889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ones I have been looking at:

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue you have is not getting a skimmer too big for your current system. The regal has a controllable pump you can tune down, that may be your best bet.

OP
OP
rooneyj889

rooneyj889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue you have is not getting a skimmer too big for your current system. The regal has a controllable pump you can tune down, that may be your best bet.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I don't want anything that'll be too big for my current setup. I'll probably either do that it get a used one for cheap right now

Back