What size pump for JBJ 1/10 chiller

StinkyReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
10
Location
Riverside
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at sicce pumps I was wondering if I could use the 0.5 without damaging the chiller or do I have to use the 1.0. The minimum flow rate is 240gph but I saw a thread on here where some said it would be ok to use the 0.5
 
How much head pressure? What size tubing? How many 90s? These all affect the flow. The 0.5 has almost zero flow at 3 ft. How high is the tank above the sump/chiller?
 
How much head pressure? What size tubing? How many 90s? These all affect the flow.
So that’s what I’m trying to figure out it’s 1/2 tubing with 2 j tubes (the jbj installation kit) it’s going to be placed directly below my tank and it would be about 4ft of tubing
 
So tank is 2 feet above chiller? I would say no way on the 0.5
 
I would say like 3-4 feet I’m not home to take any measurements. What pump would you recommend ?
 
At 4 feet, I would say at least the 2.0.
images.png
 
I’m looking at sicce pumps I was wondering if I could use the 0.5 without damaging the chiller or do I have to use the 1.0. The minimum flow rate is 240gph but I saw a thread on here where some said it would be ok to use the 0.5
That little pump isn’t even good for water changes. With 2 ft of head in a Nano.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new