what Skimmer for a solana

  • Thread starter Thread starter JR's Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
2,379
Reaction score
24
Location
AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What skimmer would work better for a 25 solana. A tunze 9002 or a shappire skimmer? I would have to mod (cut) for the tunze cup to fit in back compartment. Any ideas?
 
Last edited:
I don't think there's a better nanoskimmer then the Tunze Joey. It's the only one I've ever played with, so I guess I might be a bit biased. :)
 
I don't think there's a better nanoskimmer then the Tunze Joey. It's the only one I've ever played with, so I guess I might be a bit biased. :)

Thats what Im thinking but the only thing holding me up it having to mod the tank. The shappire is made to fit it but know nuttin about them
 
I have the Tunze Nano Doc on my solana. I'm not too happy with it. It is very hard to get set just right. It took me about 2 months to get it to set to skim consistently. I've read a lot of good things about the Sapphire and the Euro-Reef.
 
This is kind of new for me. Ive not had a nano in yrs and there really was no skimmers for them then
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new