What steps to take after cycling?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Goodair
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Fish can make the algae cycle fine. You just can't add so many you overfeed what the established bacteria can handle. You will have a gha outbreak & mini cycle. If that happens, cut lights a few hours a day & take the cup off the skimmer and let it overflow during the day.

Would I be better off just having the lights off all day? Or is it just better to let it grow and put in a cuc to eat it?
 
Would I be better off just having the lights off all day? Or is it just better to let it grow and put in a cuc to eat it?
I just run it how I plan on running it everyday once its completely set up. Then there is no change in anything except the additions you add.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new