What stuff on acro?

Reefs and Geeks

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2019
Messages
789
Reaction score
776
Location
Transylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some white fuzzy stuff on my WD acro yesterday and blew it off with a turkey baster. Now today I saw more in another spot. The original spit from yesterday seems okay. Any idea what might be going on and should I be worried or do anything about it?

PXL_20201212_013909610.NIGHT.jpg PXL_20201212_013941195.jpg PXL_20201212_013946674.jpg
 
Hard to say. Here's how we might be able to help:
Next time you see a white fuzzy, shut off circulation. Grab a pipette or syringe and suck out the sample.
Get the sample (ideally) under a microscope (any cheap student one will do).
Use your phone to shoot images from the scope. You can even use phone zoom.

If you have a 5X or 10X lens, you may be able to zoom in enough to get a decent pic. Then post it here or over in the pest forum or both.
 
Hard to say. Here's how we might be able to help:
Next time you see a white fuzzy, shut off circulation. Grab a pipette or syringe and suck out the sample.
Get the sample (ideally) under a microscope (any cheap student one will do).
Use your phone to shoot images from the scope. You can even use phone zoom.

If you have a 5X or 10X lens, you may be able to zoom in enough to get a decent pic. Then post it here or over in the pest forum or both.
Good idea, if I see it again today I'll pull some out for close inspection.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new