What system do you use to filter your tank with.

Gregory Hale

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use a sump with bio balls and a protein skimmer. I am having a lot of problems with sediment in the water, would switching to a sock filter and removing the bio balls help remove the sediment?
 
Imo bio balls are worth the plastic they are made out of any more. I've always run a filtersock protein skimmer and a refugium filled with various macros and a couple of rocks. A power head is used to push any settlement to one side and I vacuum it out every so often.
 
I would ditch the bio balls as well If you go with a sock filter make sure you clean or change it very regularly
 
Just regular water changes, live rock & a skimmer here too. No refugium, GAC, GFO, RDSB, ATS, filter sock etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new