What tank size fits your needs the most?

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
30,927
Reaction score
54,415
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the hobby, we can buy tiny deskmate tanks to massive thousand-gallon tanks. Do you think having a smaller tank is better and more manageable, or is having a larger tank better? Let's discuss the perfect tank size for you! Photo Credit: @Andre_Takahashi.
Photo 13-09-22, 18 58 07.jpg
 
90g+sump is more than enough for me. although with some of the fish i find cool/interesting/"flashy" it does raise the question of: should i aim bigger? lol. of course the answer would be yes, but with bigger tanks come more maintenance. i want to be as hands off as possible

edit: going smaller, i'd aim for a 40B or 75G + sump.
 
40 gallon breeder fits perfectly in an otherwise useless nook in my house so that's perfect for me.
If I ever spring a leak, I'd likely opt for IM Nuvo SR 60 that would fit there also.
*would prefer larger but, logistically, that nook is about perfect
 
75, 120 are the ideal beginner tanks in my opinion. Like @tzabor10 stated. And maybe a 40b depending on your budget.
Finally taking down my 40 breeder. Has a bunch of HOB and after 7 years I’ve moved on to a 75. Full sump, remote Refugium, dosing and 150 pounds of TBS rock. Loving it.
 
Ive had many tanks over the years. My favorite was a 240 but currently I have a 120
 
100-150 for me. I’d go bigger if I had somewhere to put it.
We are looking at getting a tank around 150 once we move!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new