What test kits do you use with the Mastertronic?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just pulled the trigger on the Mastertronic, so now I'm wondering what test kits you have found work best with it? What tips can you give me?

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Red Sea Alk
Red Sea Mag
Red Sea Phosphate
API Ca
API Nitrate

Order an extra set of needles

If you get an odd reading, check the stepper, pump A and syringe calibration. Also, check if the needle is blocked by removing the needle from the syringe, sucking up water then shooting the water out of the needle. If it seems blocked, repeat until it is clear (or replace the needle) I believe the needles can clog due to the rubber vial top material getting stuck.

Also get a set of the pump spacer rings. You have to 3D print them, they help prevent the tubing from getting chewed up.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also get a set of the pump spacer rings. You have to 3D print them, they help prevent the tubing from getting chewed up.
Know anyone who can sell these to me? I don't have a 3D printer.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Red Sea Alk
Red Sea Mag
Red Sea Phosphate
API Ca
API Nitrate

Order an extra set of needles

If you get an odd reading, check the stepper, pump A and syringe calibration. Also, check if the needle is blocked by removing the needle from the syringe, sucking up water then shooting the water out of the needle. If it seems blocked, repeat until it is clear (or replace the needle) I believe the needles can clog due to the rubber vial top material getting stuck.

This is really helpful info! Thanks!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bump

tapeworm123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use all the same test. I check the needles once a week. It seems the MT burns threw reagents faster then testing by hand. Do you find this true?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back