WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE?!

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

TexasFishDudeCC

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
20
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! As I said in my MEET & GREET thread, I was recently put in charge of some coral exhibits at work. I am no expert in Reef keeping and have only kept one reef tank before personally.

One of my exhibits at work has lots and lots of Discosoma sp. But also have these strange ricordea-looking things growing and spreading all over the place. (Will attach pictures)

My question is: Is this ricordea? Are they some type of invasive anemone ? I really am at a loss.
20240106_145124.jpg
20240106_144844.jpg
 
they kind of look like bubbletip anemones to my eye, could be mistaken
I was also thinking bta but there's SO MANY and I'm not sure where they would've come from. Thanks for the response!
 
Probobly some sort of anenome. Maybe bta like ppl are saying.
Def not any sort of majano.
Too many tenticles
Thanks for the response! I think it's definitely some sort of anemone , but I'm just not sure where it came from and why there's so many all over the tank. There is one larger anemone in there (not sure of species) and some rock flower anemone. But these look nothing like either of those, and they are all very tiny, about nickel sized.
 
Some sort of corallimorphs?

But yeah majano definitely seems more likely.. Screenshot_20240109_144235_Edge.jpg
 
Last edited:
when googling majano anemone, there's a lot of photos that look like those. I understand they can become quite invasive.
Yeah I agree, I also did a Google search and thought the same. I'm leaning towards majano at the moment. Thanks for the response !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new