What the heck are these?!

Joined
Dec 10, 2017
Messages
1,435
Reaction score
2,547
Location
West Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I decided to re-dip my elegant coral in some Seachem dip after weeks of the elegant looking retracted. At first I thought it was a gall crab but never found one. Today I dipped it in a clear container and saw these after my first dip!!!
641E2E49-696C-4D53-A521-7580E8460ED8.jpeg

4E8C1F61-BFAB-4CE4-8C26-A5547B431CB0.jpeg

Is it a lost cause? I'm afraid to put it back in and it die causing an ammonia spike? Thoughts??????
 
Today I decided to re-dip my elegant coral in some Seachem dip after weeks of the elegant looking retracted. At first I thought it was a gall crab but never found one. Today I dipped it in a clear container and saw these after my first dip!!!
641E2E49-696C-4D53-A521-7580E8460ED8.jpeg

4E8C1F61-BFAB-4CE4-8C26-A5547B431CB0.jpeg

Is it a lost cause? I'm afraid to put it back in and it die causing an ammonia spike? Thoughts??????
Aaaaaaahhhhh! Dude! Are those like saltwater maggots? Hope you find out what they are and never share coral with anyone every again. Lol
 
Kind of looks like necrotic hammer flesh? Were those moving (worms?) or just something that sloughed off in the dip?

I never give up on these corals until the flesh is completely gone but I don't have a tank filled with other LPS that I need to consider. (I only have a few euphylia, mostly sps). That said, it looks like it still has life but it also looks like it is losing that life to something. It needs to go in a hospital tank to be safe if you have other LPS. Still, I've had sadder looking specimens that lived on for years, so you have to decide what your situation dictates. Sorry it's looking so unhappy! Gl
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new