!@!!WHAT THE HECK IS A STRIKE SALE?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, reporting is that UPS and its workers have reached a tentative agreement to avoid a strike. It’s subject to ratification by the membership.

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, I ha e a package sitting in TX due to arrive tomorrow they UPS smh.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, reporting is that UPS and its workers have reached a tentative agreement to avoid a strike. It’s subject to ratification by the membership.
Thanks for chiming in! I have just heard this as well, hoping they got what they were asking for. so all for naught maybe but it's been fun and fiery sale anyway! still on till midnight!

use code strikesale for 30% off

Strad12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
expect shipping rates to go up. I doubt that UPS will absorb any raises or improvements to their fleet of big brown trucks.
UPS made $2.5 billion in profit in Q1 of 2023. They can afford to make sure their drivers have air conditioning in the middle of the summer. Any decision to raise prices will be because of greedy management and shareholders, not because of hourly drivers having basic necessities met.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
expect shipping rates to go up. I doubt that UPS will absorb any raises or improvements to their fleet of big brown trucks.
ugh. yeah you are probably right man. well I didn't consider that but, of course.

that's it! I am raising all my prices too! Time to fight fire with fire? or wait, nah that work work. bad idea never mind.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just fueled my vehicle and UPS driver at gas station stated they have a ratification on contract and will run as usual as it will take 2-3 weeks for all workers to get their votes in which the outcome looks favorable

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPS made $2.5 billion in profit in Q1 of 2023. They can afford to make sure their drivers have air conditioning in the middle of the summer. Any decision to raise prices will be because of greedy management and shareholders, not because of hourly drivers having basic necessities met.
I agree that the drivers need A/C and heat in their trucks, but despite the huge profit, I'll be $$ that they will raise prices to maintain their profit.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh. yeah you are probably right man. well I didn't consider that but, of course.

that's it! I am raising all my prices too! Time to fight fire with fire? or wait, nah that work work. bad idea never mind.
Just sell bigger battleboxes. Make 'em work harder!!!

I'll take a 20 piece nuggets with a side of skimmer sauce. Extra hot.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just sell bigger battleboxes. Make 'em work harder!!!

I'll take a 20 piece nuggets with a side of skimmer sauce. Extra hot.
Could be potential goldmine there my friend. We need to find an industrial use for skimmate! or "skimmer sauce" :) I'll get my lawyers to draw up the copywrite paperwork immediately! Gold mine I tell you! Solid flarping gold! You want in? ground level

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be potential goldmine there my friend. We need to find an industrial use for skimmate! or "skimmer sauce" :) I'll get my lawyers to draw up the copywrite paperwork immediately! Gold mine I tell you! Solid flarping gold! You want in? ground level
"Battle Sauce". Dose 1ml per 10 gallons to raise phosphate and nitrate.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm TOTALLY in. I'll be the receptionist?

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the nerve to just double click the side bottom of the iPhone payment feature for a Battlebox. Super amped to see what arrives. Part of the awesome roll of the dice, No whammies and stop feeling going on right now. LOL!

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the nerve to just double click the side bottom of the iPhone payment feature for a Battlebox. Super amped to see what arrives. Part of the awesome roll of the dice, No whammies and stop feeling going on right now. LOL!
If you don't like it I'll be happy to give you my address and you can forward it to me. :D I don't think that's going to be the case though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back